2007年12月9日星期日

Another new department again

After the transfer to a new department in Oct 07 , and tasked to support a new product group in department A , i am now being given the task of supporting another dept B (since 7 Dec last friday) . it is record breaking among exec level employees - that within 3 months i have worked in 3 different departments. I am quite uncomfortable with the posting to dept B as it is well known for its harsh working environment, which is notorious. Many managers / engineers from overseas have tried to work there and failed and resigned. I guess i have to plan for the worst, if it comes, and take it positively in the best way that i can.

From yesterday onwards, I began to use my glass tea pot (only costs me 4 SGD ) that i bought at Taipo market in Hongkong to make my Pu Er tea , which is well known for detoxifying and lowering blood pressure. I have taken much more meat here in China as the local ppl does not like to take vege, or they will cook it in a very salty/oily manner. These plus poor control on the food safety/pesticides, makes me wonder know how much toxic i have taken in. Yes , i have no confidence in China local products at all. Taking Chinese tea was my habit since young ( mum will also boil a big pot for us in the morning). That is why every time i have very low blood pressure whenever i go for medical check up. I have stopped taking Chinese tea and grew addicted to English tea and coffee after i began to work in Spore. Every morning i will make myself a glass of hot tea or coffee to go with sandwiches. And i am very much a coffee lover now, but i only take those grounded coffee powder in small sachets like Lipton tea bag. It tastes like Kopitiam coffee in Spore , and it reminds me of Spore / Msia.

The locals are not very crazy about coffee, let alone tea. So you cannot expect to find good coffee or tea shops here, and they like to use artificial flavorings/ coloring to make their tea or coffee especially in remote places like where i am living . The most i can do is bring back coffee powder/ tea bags from Hongkong , but i still like the taste of old Hainanese coffee made from powder best. The local breads taste horrible with oily smell that really put me off. I can only buy more imported biscuit from Hongkong such as McVites to go with coffee every morning.

So that's what I have for my breakfast in China, very pathetic.

Darby

没有评论: