2007年12月30日星期日

Happy Anniversary My Loved One :-)

Darby and I watched "My Blueberry Nights", a new movie by his favourite director Wong Kar Wai when we were holidaying in Shanghai a few days ago. It's been a long time since we went to the cinema together and I was secretly glad I was able to persuade him to do so. There's something about being holed up in a cinema with a loved one, which I like. Maybe it's the physical closeness that this brings. Maybe it's the simple fact of just doing something together, however passive the activity may be. Or maybe, the truth is I just don't enjoy watching a movie alone anymore.

Couplehood, as I have come to realise, has its prons and cons. Love songs seem to speak out to me more strongly after I became attached. Happy love songs and sad love songs now stir my emotions the way only a good movie can do when I was unattached. When I miss darby and feel melancholic, I will turn on my pc and immerse myself in the numerous mp3s that I have saved in the folders. Soon enough, I will be fine and back to my cheerful self. When I hear a happy love song, I will be reminded of the moments (similar or otherwise) which we have shared in and outside Singapore.

The downside (if you consider it a negative) is that I wouldn't now make certain decisions without getting some feedback or help from darby. The reasons are varied. It could be that darby is the more informed among the two (such as when it comes to IT and gadget related matters). It could be that I felt it necessary to keep our relationship 'equal' and democratic. Whatever the reasons, I have found my discussions with darby to be a good form of interaction, and it has helped to improve my understanding of him.

4 years is not too long a period of time, for couples who are committed to each other. That said, it's still a little milestone for a "first timer" like me.

I want to tell my loved one it's a happy milestone that I have crossed, with my short legs astride. Happy and grateful, cos I know I am not crossing it alone, but hand in hand, heart to heart with him at the same time.

ILU and happy anniversary :-)

Mcdull

没有评论: