2008年1月6日星期日

Photos

In case our fans ( if there is any ) are wondering why i have stopped posting photos in my blog, here is the reason: i have stopped using my personal laptop to upload my blog after i terminated my internet service, and the company laptop I am using is so old that it cannot detect any sort of data from its USB port, which means i cannot upload any photos from my digital camera SD card. I will try to do it whenever it is possible as the photos are the records of what i am seeing here in China. That way, I can be the readers' eyes.

I did a tidy up work for the photos i have taken on my personal laptop today, and burnt a CD so that i can pass it to Piggy during my next home trip. I am always the one holding a camera and taking piggy's photos during our trips, as piggy is really a technology idiot. Dating back from our 2006 Bangkok trip till our recent Shanghai trip, all these trips are memorable to us, and there will be more to come.

A friend told me not to go to Tibet before I reach 40 yrs old , as I could be addicted to the place and keep wanting to visit Tibet after that. I am not sure how true that statement is. I have a few places in China in my mind that i want to visit. It used to be Peking / Shanghai / Li Jiang, Tibet is not in my list as i do not think myself fit enough to enjoy the scenes in Tibet anymore. Peking is now out of my list as i have heard how the Peking Government destroyed the old Peking buildings from Qing Dynasty. I do not want to visit a Peking that has lost its charm as an ancient capital. But i still want to visit Li Jiang of Yunnan, and spend a week there. Of course, the companion will be Piggy again if possible.

My ultimate trip : Iceland,has yet to come. I hope we can do it before 50 years old , as we could be too old to do it after that. Iceland is an expensive place to go ( estimated 10K SGD per person ), but a breathtakingly beautiful place. I learned about this place from Bjork s MTV ( ya , it could be 10 years ago ) , and began to read about it . Or i should learn from a famous Taiwanese author San Mao aka Echo, there is a Sahara dessert in everyone's heart (which Lee Ang invaded her copyright) , everyone has a dreamland in his mind that he may or may not visit in his whole life.


Darby

没有评论: