2008年11月5日星期三

Finally it is the time

After working here in SH for more than 4 months , i am pretty comfortable at work as i have a very good boss. He is a very demanding but yet reasonable person , knowledgeable and strict at the same time. He is always like a volcano , erupting his energy at work and pushing for ideas to become reality, does not mind making enemies.
I was not the apple of the eyes of the local China top management , and i think the character they want is the loud and decisive type. I am more a quiet person and make no enemies. After working for years , my volcano has been put out. I like to keep myself calm. Still my boss is able to appreciate my presence, cause i can get things that he required done, when most of the locals are unable to achieve the standard he has set. So i am sort of sheltered from the blazes of top management with my boss as the umbrella.
But my boss just told me yesterday he has tendered and will be leaving the company by end of Nov. I feel glad for him. He has gotten a better offer and is able to return to Singapore and have his family to take care of his health. I know the path ahead without him is going to be tough for me and it will only get worse. Worse economy, less sales, heavier work load, no shelter from my boss, i am going to have a hard time ahead of me.

I think it is time to rethink my option, although it is never in my thoughts that i will leave SH in a short period of time. Let's see how things go from here.

Darby

没有评论: