2008年11月13日星期四

Winter is coming

As the dried skins fell off from my arms and legs , so are the dried leaves falling off from the trees along the streets in Shanghai. Winter is approaching and i feel like a corpse soaked in an ice block whenever i go out of my apartment. Altho the Shanghai winter is not as dry as Shenzhen , but the temp reduction is so fast that it has dropped from 20 deg C to below 10 deg C in just a few weeks, and will reach 0 deg C next month. I hope to see some snowing from my unit, for the second time (First time was in Korea ).

The wind is always strong in Shanghai, and ppl on the street are wearing their trench coats, and it makes the city looks very French to me, only if the ppl on the streets do not spit. When i was walking along East Nanjing Street, I was approached by 3 girls in a row, repeating the same dialogue as below.

The girl : Can i ask how to get to Fuzhou street ?
Me : Walk towards Raffles Place and turn left
The girl : Are you a foreigner ?
Me : None of your business.

This must be a new tactic for hookers to get business, but they just look unsightly to me. i have better things to do, go to Fuzhou street to buy books. And i ended up buying 3 books on work related topics.

Darby

没有评论: