2010年4月26日星期一

One step a footprint Taiwan

Watching the tv program "One step a footprint Taiwan" yesterday and heard a enlightening statement , a professor in government bureau for over 30 yrs gave up her high pay and luxury life in Taipei and moved to Southern Taiwan to start her social work. She picked up the responsiblity like Mother Theresa and received many cold shoulders from others. A drastic change in her life but she already prepared for it , she said : I want a different life style , so i have to accept many differences in this life style. Indeed , she wanted a different life style , means many things will be different in her life , eg you will no longer able to eat at posh restaurants/ buy Prada or Gucci bags / go to spa / etc.

This is particularly enlightening to me. I want a different life style , that is why i flied back from SH and bought our love nest ,i started my job hunting and the job is leading me to a different path. I am expecting and preparing myself for a different path, knowing that things will be difficult for me as the job scope is not what i am familiar with. The changes are :
a. I got a life partner to share sweet and bitter experience with, everyday. We even have our space now.
b. I got lower income , tougher job.
c. I get to see my friends and family more. Not just twice a year.
d. I am definitely healthier than before. My body is used to tropical weather.

Who is not facing difficulties in his/ her life everyday ? So i can see my life s changing , good to bad or bad to good, give and take. I am just glad that i did not lose too much and gain alot.

Darby

没有评论: