2011年5月22日星期日

Monster chef's Kitchen

We had spent our Saturday relaxing for the noon, i took a nap as usual before we went for a swim + sauna.

By the time we finished our exercise regime, Porky was about to face the biggest challenge in his life, Monster Chef s Kitchen , i.e. My kitchen. I bought the ingredients and prepared the foods as a helper for Porky to cook for the third time( yes, it is countable ) after we moved in for a year. It was not a difficult dish , spaghetti with boiled baby carrots and lettuce, pasta sauce from Prego added with minced meat and spices. Besides preparing the ingredients, I needed to guide him step by step on how to cook with effeciency, as he is not very good at cooking. I am not a good teacher either, cause i just cannot shut my mouth when i saw Porky just let the stove does everything after he put the ingredients into the pot, there is not much thinking about how to do it faster better. The Prince de La Bun is a spoilt kid definitely.

Cooking is definitely a skill that involves lotsa planning, what to buy, how to prepare, what to put inside, when to put inside, how to speed it up, how to reduce cleaning work from cooking, there is alot to learn. If you have to cook for the loved ones every now and then, you will pick up some knowhow, as no one likes to spend hours cleaning the whole kitchen after cooking for just a few persons. Now, i can just spend 1 to 2 hours to prepare a simple home cooked meal (2 dishes and 1 soup) for 2 persons. And i just need 1 hour if i am eating alone. The credit all goes to my mum and years of living independently at oversea. I should cook her some of my fav dishes that i invented myself /she taught me, such as Miso Kimchi Soup, Minced Meat Tofu, Brinjal with Bean Paste, but Porky is the one who gets to eat these dishes and put on weight instead.

Darby

没有评论: