2007年5月1日星期二

Eternal Summer


Eternal Summer is not a happy movie to watch but I like it anyway.

It reminded me why I like going to the cinemas - to see good acting especially by new actors (which are truly refreshing) and to watch a movie that connects to my emotions.

Bryant Chang (Zhang Rui Jia) delivered a convincing and nuanced performance in his role as the young man secretly in love with his best childhood friend. I wonder if a 'straight' person, after watching this movie, would understand how tragic and destructive unrequited gay love can be. Would the 'straight' person emphatise with the gay person who wants to love but finds it difficult or close to impossible to do so openly? Would the 'straight' man conclude, like I did, that there is nothing deviant about gay love? After all, if you go to the core of things, all that anyone yearns to have, is that easy to understand yet hard to obtain feeling called Love.
Isn't that so?
Mcdull

没有评论: