2007年5月1日星期二

Comrades, almost a love story

On one of the lazy sunday afternoons , while i was typing on my laptop doing my paperwork and surfing the tv program at the same time in my living room, i happened to find a local channel which was showing "Comrades, almost a love story. " by Maggie and Leon.
I can still recall that i watched the movie for the first time when i was on sick leave from my first company many yrs ago. I was so sick that I could not walk to the clinic properly. After taking the medication and lunch at hawker stall, i felt much better, but i did not want to go back to my small rented room too early. So i walked to the nearby cinema and it happened to be showing this movie. I watched it alone. As you can see it is really pathetic, being sick and alone and watching a sad movie .

For anyone who has watched the movie, if you are not from HK or in HK at that time , besides the love story , you cannot really feel very much what the director , the actor and actress are trying to express about the HK ppl. A mainland Chinese couple struggling for living each day, both with different characters - the man is easily contented, the woman is money minded. The return of HK to China. The status of China ppl in HK in the past. The contrast between HK and China in the past. Mc Donald and Beeper. The foreign prostitutes . The rundown and matchbox size living condition ( even until today ) . It is a very HK movie.

It was selected as one of the best movies by HK movie critics recently , and it deserves the honour.

Darby

没有评论: