2008年7月25日星期五

Going to Mexico next week

I brought all my subordinates ( 20 persons ) today for dinner at a restaurant nearby, which costs me 200 SGD, very cheap. And everyone has a full stomach when leaving the place. I must thank my clerk who did a good job of choosing the restaurant, booking and ordering dishes, and coordinating. I was not in the mood at all to eat and just listen to their nonsense during the meal, it was quite fun.

After having a good rest for about a week this week (my boss left for Spore for his home trip), I am going to fly to Mexico next week, and will be staying for a week there. The purposes are to visit 2 customers to resolve issues, and at the same time I will be interviewing a rep so that we do not have to send ppl there again. I am alone now in the office at 9pm on a Friday night preparing the work for the trip to come and feeling quite sleepy as it has been a long day today.

The job is rewarding as i get to lead and change things , but it is also very stressful cause any wrong decision made will get me terminated. It did not occur to me that i will be in this kind of position one day. I will be quite reluctant to take up the post if i knew the job scope is so heavy beforehand. But i have really nothing to lose and just want to give it a try now, as not everyone has the chance to do the work i am doing now. I am a lucky person, at least this is what i feel now. And if i fail and get terminated one day, at most i will pack and go home. I did not have this feeling at all in the past when i was in Shenzhen.

Besides the work itself, the living environment is much better, and I just hope my family/piggy/friends will be able to enjoy themselves here with me. Shanghai is a great place to live with a lover, but i am alone.

I have promised to show the photos of my neighborhood and here is it. My condo is the red building next to the church , and the church is just next to Ramada Hotel. The park and the river are just in front of the church.







Darby

没有评论: