2008年7月21日星期一

Home

I was googling for a gay love poem one weekday morning to send to darby, hoping to cheer up his day. I found "Home" by Duane Simolke. Darby liked it and asked that I reproduced it in the blog. So here it is.


When I lie beside him,
His knee presses
Against the underside
Of my knee,
His hand presses
Against my chest,
As if holding me together.
If I wake,
And he isn't beside me,
I'll curl up
Like a frightened child,
Lost in the dark,
Afraid to move.
If I wake,
And he isn't beside me,
The thickest blanket
Won't keep me warm.
But I wake,
And find him
Beside me.
He holds me together.


Simple as it is, I reckon I can understand the appeal this poem holds for darby. Intimacy of the type described in the poem is possible if you have the company of your other half/partner day to day. This is something heterosexual couples enjoy constantly but oh so difficult to achieve for gay lovers/couples who are not staying together. I think I speak for myself too. About the yearning for a regular stable couplehood - living our lives together and doing things together.

The way to go is to get a house where both darby and I can call Home. That day will come and we are both working our ways towards this goal.

Mcdull

1 条评论:

匿名 说...

nice site platform