2007年3月6日星期二

I FELT THE EARTH MOVE.. UNDER MY FEET

I was in a clients' meeting around noon today when I felt my body swing to the left then right. My first instincts told me that I might be experiencing the tremors of an earthquake. Minutes later, my HR manager came into the room and told me that we have received an announcement to vacate the building.

My good heart told me to check on my other colleagues, in case they have not been told of the evacuation notice. I walked down the row of cubicles in my department and found that not a single soul was around! Hmmph - even my dear secretary has abandoned me :-p (she later told me she remembered me only when she was taking the lift down).

I found out from the lunch time TV broadcast subsequently that the earthquake originated from Sumatra, Indonesia and measured 6.6 on the Ritcher scale. It's the first time I have experienced tremors and I hope it's the last as well as many lives were lost in Indonesia today.

Mcdull

没有评论: