2007年4月8日星期日

Gyoza and steamed fish

I took my lunch at 2pm, went back to the office again to work and then decided to write abt the Gyoza restaurant here. It is opened by by a Northen China lady, who is tall and pretty in her mid 40 s.
I cannot get used to most of the food here except Gyoza, and so far i can truly enjoy only those franchised restaurants such as McDonalds, Ichiban Ramen, etc....when i go to the town .
I used to order a plate , which has abt 20 gyozas, with minced pork and vege fillings. Serve while it is hot and dip it into vinegar , yummy. I can settle my lunch or dinner with just a portion of gyozas, and it costs only 8 RMB ( 1. 8 SGD ) . Simple and nice. Others dishes are just too oily and salty for me, which i only eat just bcs i need to eat.

Besides , i like the steamed fish here , i think it is a kind of sea fish as it does not smell awful , the local named it Lu Yu ( Lu Fish ) . I do not know much abt types of fishes , only know how to eat them. A steamed fish with a bowl of rice , used to be my Friday dinner , which i can sit and quietly enjoy it slowly , before i go back to my room for a good sleep. And i miss nasi lemak , char kwa teoy , roti prata , curry chicken , rojak.... drooling . I can only eat them in my dreams now..

Weather is still freezing cold this week at around 14 deg C although it is spring now and much warmer than winter which can go below 10 deg C. We tropical kids cannot ever image wearing two long sleeves pullover and one long cotton pants over thermal wear for the whole day. And i can only sleep with thick blacket and with heater on in the nite when it is cold. After spending the winter and summer here for a year , i can only say, i miss the warm weather in Spore and Msia. At least i do not tremble in the morning/ nite when washing my face and taking shower, i can walk bare foot in the room and not feel like i am walking on ice, i do not have to wear gloves when i sleep, i have less clothings to wear and to wash.....etc.

You can tell i am determined to go home one day, the reason being i am alone here and life is plain and dull. If i can import the pig here to China maybe things will be better, but it is not necessary now as i will deport myself back to Singapore soon.

Darby

没有评论: