2007年4月21日星期六

The HK and China that i know

Being a staff of a HK company working in the SZ office during the weekdays, I am entitled to spend my weekends in HK with free lodging provided by the company when I want to. I have travelled to several parts of HK and am beginning to feel bored -maybe it is bcs i am alone. But piggy, who is a mahjong and food lover , loves HK like HK ppl love char siew paos. And i must admit , HK is a much more fascinating place, compared to Spore. There are plenty of commercial activities taking place in this vibrant small piece of land ( Look left for signages in YuanLang ) filled with cantonese speaking chinese ppl , who have very pragmatic mindset/efficient and are well known for being mercenery and materialistic. On the other hand, they are kind ppl too who are really helpful and generous to strangers - which i have experienced many times when asking for help along their narrow streets. The sales people in HK are really warm and professional (Look right for Mongkok streets), and allow you to have your own freedom to move abt in their premises, which i like alot .


In China , the sales people are like houseflies, babbling and stuck to you for good once you step into their premises , and their piece of opinion is always worthless and unwanted by me, as being a foreigner, I have seen/known more than China consumers. As a consumer, my requirement for quality and environmental/health concerns when i purchase any good, can seldom be understood by the China sales staff. I always feel like saying to them : SHUT UP . And most of the China ppl on the street that i came across are rude and selfish, altho there are good ppl but sadly not too many. The upbringing of China ppl can only be improved as a whole in the next 50 yrs from now.

So, HK to me is a girl well brought up by her British step mother who knows what civilisation means; China on the other hand is a self centered and arrogant chick who has just struck TOTO. It is indeed sad for me to say this, as my ancestors are from Mainland China, and i do not feel proud of it, altho i have lived in the land of Dragon for a yr.



Darby


没有评论: