2008年6月4日星期三

Lab Report

3 June

I picked up the lab report from my doc today and he showed me that the test specimen which was taken from my intestine has turned red. This means there is the presence of Helicobacter , a bacteria that resides in and eats up digestive organ, in my stomach. 50 % of the population has this kind of bacteria in the stomach, but it will only become harmful and cause ulcer/inflammation when the acidity in your stomach is excessive/imbalanced, if i am not wrong. And it will start to eat the flesh in your organ and cause the layer of tissue to tear. This will then cause pain when the gastric acid attacks your stomach nerves directly. I do not want to be a victim of the worst case scenario knowing what the bacteria can do, and i am lucky that after 3 months of suffering, finally the cause of my stomach and intestinal pain is determined.

I have visited 2 docs, one from HK and one from JB. The HK doc failed to find the cause altho the same test is performed. 3 months later, the JB doctor traced the cause of my pain with a more comprehensive test. I have been sufferring from pain in my digestive organs. First, it was the stomach ulcer. Then the acid reflux which is burning the easophagus and now the intestine inflammation.

I will start a 7 day course of medicine and the doc say i will feel nauseous and my throat may feel awful. I told the doc it is fine as i am not working now. I hope to get rid of the pain for good so that I can start my new job in Shanghai with better health.

After the visit to the doctor , i went for a swim in Marsiling pool, and walked from the Kopitiam near Marsiling MRT to the pool , that short but sweet journey again. I really miss those good old days when piggy and i would go for a swim during the weekend at Marsiling pool, and after the swim we would walk from the pool to the Kopitiam to eat my fav Minced Meat Noodles. Along the way, i would make fun of piggy and he would try very hard to strike back, a push on his chest, a pinch on his ear, but he is just not on par with me when it comes to violence. I know this will never happen again or at least not in the next few years as I am not stationed in Spore permanently and he has moved to Central. Things have changed. I am the one to be blamed. If i did not choose to go overseas, then we can still continue the way we were. Now we can hardly talk to and see each other regularly. And when we get together, either one of us will be too tired (for me the stress is from the flight and work, and for him the stress from the work and family) to care about the other one. This has caused some bad feelings/tiffs sometimes, but the good thing is neither of us is doubting our relationship, we hope to make it last. It's a long way to go.

Darby

没有评论: