2008年6月25日星期三

A satisfied day at work

i have taken up a new position as a supervisor, but was shocked to find out i have more than 30 subordinates and combined with 2 departments, it's actually a managerial role . I think the company wants to make every single cent of their money count, and i have begun my first OT till 10.30 pm today, my third day of working here in Shanghai. However, it is not as stressful as i thought. My subordinates are good and experienced, they handle the jobs themselves and only comes to me for major cases. Other than that, i will spend my time to prepare paperwork for my boss who needs to present the Yearly Review to Management next week.

I am involved in an issue with my leader and attended a concall today with our overseas counterpart. The management is not pleased with this counterpart as he is not contactable for days. They want to kick him out and planned to have me pick up from him before he realised that I will be handing over to a new guy. After that, i have to visit a few customers located there to build up the rapport as they are our biggest customers. My leader is really hardworking to work till this late, this is out of the norm for locals. I have helped him on the communication as he is not as well versed in English and i guess he is happy with my presence after today's concall. I feel good although I worked late today and this is rare. May be it is the presence of teamwork in the company here from engineers to directors. And i will go and apply for my US visa tomorrow for the upcoming customer visit, just in case.


Darby

没有评论: