2008年6月26日星期四

Pines Market

After taking photos for my china work permit, i took a stroll in the neighbourhood , and to my surprise i found an alley in a mall that is catered for expats next to Carrefour. Inside, i can find Vietnamese/Jap/Indian restaurants, not mentioning the Starbucks which i can see from outside the building.
The biggest surprise is i found Pines Market inside the mall too and it has all kinds of food for expats and is like a Cold Storage Market from Singapore planted next to my condo. I can find cheese finally in China. I was overjoyed! It holds a lot of Ang Mo food and Southeast Asia groceries, lots of good DVDs/CDs at a few SGD. It is perfectly suited to my needs. While i was totally soaked in joy there in the market, Piggy happened to call and check on me. I told him that i will not go back to Singapore again as i have found Pines Market. Of course it is a joke. But i wanted to show him how good my life is here in SH, which i could not do when i was in run down Shenzhen outskirt, and hope to spend some good time with him in this relaxing new neighborhood.

A little further away from the market, there is a Sports Market named Decathlon, which is big and spacious with all kind of sports accessories. It will take me at least 40 minutes to browse through all the items. And further down, i found B&Q , a China interior mall like Ikea, and as large as Ikea.

I was wondering if i have made the right choice to stay a bit far from co, but now i am very sure this is the area i want to live in. Given that the rental around this region can go as high from 10K to 30K RMB (2K SGD to 6K SGD) after checking from a few estate agents, my one bedroom unit at 2500RMB (500SGD) is really worth the money since i have access to the same facilities.
I will take photos to show the readers my neighbourhood, and do not doubt, this is China when you see the photos. Shanghai is different definitely.

Darby

没有评论: