2008年6月28日星期六

Soda Green

I was supposed to shift into my condo today. The landlady delayed me for a few times and I was finally able to get into the unit only at 4 pm to view the condition and sign the contract. But the stupid Shanghainese landlady did not do her part as agreed to move out the junk in the wardrobe and cupboard on time and the place and things in there were still as messy as before. She also did not bother to clean the room either and only changed the electric rice cooker to a rusty one! The agent and i both helped her to clear the junk and her husband was mumbling unhappily while doing the cleaning job, complaining that i caused the confusion on what i need and do not need them to move out. I just fucked him in the face by telling him everything was discussed and jotted down in contract 4 days ago by his wife to shut his mouth. Finally we cleared the junk at 5pm, and the agent began to draft the contract and let us view the contract at 6pm. Just right before signing the contract, the landlady called her son and read the contract line by line, and the bastard shouted at her mum in the phone on certain terms. The landlady then hanged up the phone and told us she could not rent out the room to me anymore. I just kept my mouth shut. I was too tired to deal with her, she never kept her promise, never made up her mind, was always beating around the bush, was always delaying her job. The agent became mad and tried hard to reason out with the landlady but failed. She then called her boss to inform him about the failure to close the deal due to the stupid landlady.

I just left the condo with the agent and decided not to waste our time on this landlady, and complimented the agent for her persistence on requesting the proper documents(the landlady just kept forgetting to show us the properties cert) and fighting for me as per contract. I will still hire her for the hunt of my unit in the next few weeks, and may stay at my company's quarter paid for 6 months for another newly hired fella who did not turn up. I think i am more tolerant with China ppl this time after knowing their character. I did not even get angry when this happened. I can see Shanghainese ppl shouting out loud at each other once or twice day in day out, knowing they are not honest and not generous ppl.

After that , I went back to the hotel and put down the contract/cash and went to Secret Recipe at Carrefour for my dinner. Then I went back to hotel to watch TV, and the MTV channel kept playing the songs of a band namely 苏打绿/Sodagreen, singing 无与伦比的美丽 . The male lead is very "Faye Wong" himself and i am sure he is a PLU, and rumours have spread that the 2 instrument players are PLU and in love with each other. They are an indie rock band playing guitar/drums with piano/violin. It is odd for a rock band. They are more of a glamour/grunge rock band than heavy metal. Their songs are melancholic sometimes, vocals are not terrific and unisex (you cannot tell the male lead voice is a boy or girl at all), but full of feelings, great to play on a rainy night.




无与伦比的美丽 By 苏打绿


天上风筝在天上飞 地上人儿在地上追

你若担心你不能飞 你有我的蝴蝶

天上风筝在天上飞 地上人儿在地上追

我若担心我不能飞 我有你的草原

你形容我是这个世界上无与伦比的美丽

我知道你才是这世界上无与伦比的美丽

天上风筝在天上飞 地上人儿在地上追

你若担心你不能飞 你有我的蝴蝶

你形容我是这个世界上无与伦比的美丽

我知道你才是这世界上无与伦比的美丽

你知道当你需要个夏天 我会拼了命努力

我知道你会做我的掩护当我是个逃兵

你形容我是这个世界上无与伦比的美丽

我知道你才是这世界上无与伦比的美丽

天上风筝在天上飞地上人儿在地上追

你若担心你不能飞 你有我的蝴蝶

我若担心我不能飞 我有你的草原

Darby


没有评论: